Unicorn Day supporting St David’s Hospice Care
Unicorn Day supporting St David’s Hospice Care @ Wherever you are!
Jul 12 all-day
Unicorn Day This year, we are celebrating 10 years of our Unicorn Service and we want you to celebrate with us! Unicorn Day is a chance for you to have fun whilst raising money to[...]
Moonlight Walk 1 for St David’s Hospice Care 7:00 pm
This year, we are celebrating 10 years of our Unicorn Service and we want you to celebrate with us! Unicorn Day is a chance for you to have fun whilst raising money to help us provide a very important service of ours.
Get together in your class, with your church, with your colleagues, with your family or whoever you have most fun with and get creative with Unicorn day, helping us celebrate in the most magical way!
Bake a unicorn cake, paint your face, and throw a unicorn party or whatever colourful unicorn idea you can think of! There’s no limits this unicorn day!
What is the Unicorn Service?
For the last 10 years, the Unicorn Service has been developed to help support children and young people deal with the life-threatening diagnosis or loss of a loved one, helping them understand and cope in such a difficult time.
Request your FREE fundraising pack here
Contact the fundraising team on 01633 851051 or email email@example.com if we can help in any way!
Moonlight Walk 1
Want a chance to climb Pen y Fan to see the Sun setting and the Moon rising? This is your chance and support St David’s Hospice Care at the same time.
We have organised the Moonlight Walk again with a slight name change from our previous moon walk event. Some of the key details of the event are below but you can find full details on the St Davids Hospice Care website which is linked in the details above for tickets and website link.
- The walk starts at Pont ar daf car park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), on the A470 between Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil.
- The distance is 6km (3.7 miles) and takes roughly 2.5 hour on average.
- Registration from 7.00pm.
- Begin ascent of Pen y Fan between 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
- The walk includes the option of climbing to the summit of Corn Du on the ascending trip.
- Families welcome; under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and parental consent must be given.
- “Moonlight Walk” certificate issued at the end of the walk.
- Refreshments available.
- Entry fee £15 per person; £5 for under 16’s.
- Please note: Participants are also asked to give a further donation, or to gain sponsorship to support the vital work of St David’s Hospice Care in the community.
- Sponsorship forms and kit list available to download on the main website.
- Moonlight Walk T shirts available to buy on the night; watch this space for details of the new design!
On the evening we will be joined by the Bagpiper in South Wales – John Campbell. This creates a wonderful atmosphere, so we are very lucky to have John with us again.
Special Offer! If you register for both Moonlight Walk I and Moonlight Walk II at the same time, pay the reduced rate of £25 per adult. Call 01633 851051 for joint entry.
Moonlight Walk 1
Bowel Cancer UK – Sunrise Trek Challenge
Join us as we climb South Wales’ highest peak, Pen Y Fan in a trek like no other. We will reach the summit as the sun rises, illuminating the land for as far as the eye can see. Experience breath-taking views and a spine-tingling atmosphere to celebrate your achievement together. Enjoy the dawn of a new day in the knowledge that the money raised will help us to achieve a future where nobody dies from bowel cancer.
Further details of the event and tickets are available on the link below –
Click the event page link above to find out more about the Sunrise Trek Challange on Pen y Fan, Powys.