Quick How for Posting Your Event
Posting your Event
First decide exactly what you would like on your event post. We have listed some items you need to make sure you have before posting the event as these will help you fill out the form easier and quicker than having to find details half way through.
- Sign up to the membership package you require and complete all the sign up including the confirmation of email after signing up.
- Make Sure you are logged in to your membership account
- Click the +Post Your Event button on the home page or Sidebar
- The page will then reload to a New way to submit via the Backend rather than the front end submission form (which we have had some issues with)
- Decide a title (most will already know this)
- Date and Time of the Event
- Make sure you have the venue and location details (full address)
- Event Cost and Tickets – if all tickets available are the same price just enter it, if you have a range enter the range (eg. 15-35) If the event is free leave the Cost box empty and tick the Free box below and Cost will disappear. If you have a registration web address or a link to purchase tickets for example a Facebook event or an external one use this box
- Organisers Name, Email address and contact number (if you wish). Website url can be used for your own website/ Facebook page or where the event is connected.
- Description this will show on the main page of the event so you can put all information that you want to pass on to the viewing public in this area.
- Select one from each section of the following (which are usually on the right hand side) – Categories (most relevant if no relevant available let us know and we will consider adding it), Tags (select the borough of Wales that the event is taking place), Postal Area (pick the first part of the postal code of the location), Featured Event (Click this for it to show in the featured event areas) and Seasonal (If it is a seasonal event. If the season you want isn’t available let us know and we will consider adding it)
- Image – New place to Upload an image for your event through the Set featured image area on the bottom right hand side. Click the Set Feature Image. Select it from your source then upload and select it.
- Please ignore any other areas as these do not need to be completed by the listing member.
- Submit Event for Review (All member events will be live on the website within 72hrs)
- We reserve the right to remove any event which is reported by the organiser to have been posted in error or posted by a non-authorised person. EventsnWales also reserve the right not to publish or remove anything of an adult content or nature or with links to any such site or a website that is deemed to be malicious. In the case of an event being not approved or removed we will also contact the user by the sign up email.