Moonlight Walk 1
Want a chance to climb Pen y Fan to see the Sun setting and the Moon rising? This is your chance and support St David’s Hospice Care at the same time.
We have organised the Moonlight Walk again with a slight name change from our previous moon walk event. Some of the key details of the event are below but you can find full details on the St Davids Hospice Care website which is linked in the details above for tickets and website link.
- The walk starts at Pont ar daf car park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), on the A470 between Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil.
- The distance is 6km (3.7 miles) and takes roughly 2.5 hour on average.
- Registration from 7.00pm.
- Begin ascent of Pen y Fan between 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
- The walk includes the option of climbing to the summit of Corn Du on the ascending trip.
- Families welcome; under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and parental consent must be given.
- “Moonlight Walk” certificate issued at the end of the walk.
- Refreshments available.
- Entry fee £15 per person; £5 for under 16’s.
- Please note: Participants are also asked to give a further donation, or to gain sponsorship to support the vital work of St David’s Hospice Care in the community.
- Sponsorship forms and kit list available to download on the main website.
- Moonlight Walk T shirts available to buy on the night; watch this space for details of the new design!
On the evening we will be joined by the Bagpiper in South Wales – John Campbell. This creates a wonderful atmosphere, so we are very lucky to have John with us again.
Special Offer! If you register for both Moonlight Walk I and Moonlight Walk II at the same time, pay the reduced rate of £25 per adult. Call 01633 851051 for joint entry.
For more information on the amazing events and work that the Charity does give the Facebook page a like and follow over on Twitter.